Monday, July 30, 2007

Little Town Selling Point

When we first were looking at this little town as our new place to live a little over a month ago, I thought "Its a cute little town...can I see our little family here? Can we make this transition from one million people to six thousand?" It wasn't my first time living in a small town. I've actually spent about 75% of my life in towns less than 8k. But once you live in a larger city (and enjoy it), as well as have a chance to travel abroad outside the states, there's a chance that you are more susceptible to cabin fever. One thing that was my escape in my big city was the coffee shops. Even when I went home to Iowa, I was relieved to find a new little coffee shop on the square that had tried once, failed, and then tried again, and is so far succeeding (the farmers are finally ok with ordering grande non-fat no-whip vanilla soy latte with cinnamon and ginger sprinkles, believe it or not - and paying $3.50 for it).

Well, when we were scoping this town, I noticed immediately that this little town did not have a coffee shop. BUT - I was informed that, LO AND BEHOLD, a Starbucks was being built on the west side of town.



And the choir sings.........

Apologies for the crappy picture quality, but I had to take it quick and in motion on a fairly busy street.

We were out running errands Saturday and I was quite perturbed that no one was on the site working. They are taking forever...... :) Meanwhile, I'll be ok .... the Kroger here actually carries the Tazo Chai Tea that I require to survive.

We're getting a Walgreens too. Maybe a Chili's? Lots of lots cleared for new stuff - maybe we'll get a Michaels. Please please please please please........ :)

3 comments:

Daisy Deadhead said...

Batesville, South Carolina? I was Googling local blogs and found yours!

My best to you, in any event. Nice blog!

Anonymous said...

Well how about that. I could have shared that info if I had realized you were pondedring over it.

That is part of my husbands territory with his job so he knows everything that is coming in.

You guys are getting a CVS Pharmacy too.

Anonymous said...

Your small town will feel like home in no time at all as it is growing everyday.