Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Atlanta

We drove over to Atlanta on Monday afternoon. Joe has been attending some Budweiser classes this week. We've been staying with Joe's sister Evelyn and her family in the north Atlanta area.

Holy smokes....there is some crazy money in this town. I mean, what do these people do? The houses in this neighborhood are NUTS. Evelyn's house was built by an AMAZING guy named Bill Harrison. Their home is incredible. I'm not sure who the other architects from this area are, but man.... I've been driving up and down these streets saying "Wow...I mean...are you kidding? WOW!" You just have to see it to believe it. North Atlanta. Unreal.

WHile Joe's been in class, Joey and I have been going to the mall, hitting the park for long walks (They have hills here, in the park, and elsewhere. My legs don't remember what hills are, and therefore, they hate me. I live on the edge of literally the flattest place on the face of the earth and there is NO hill action.), as well as just hanging at the house and playing. We're enjoying our time out.

TOmorrow we are going to pulminologist for second opinion, I guess you could say. He's had this breathing issue that we've brought to our doc's attention twice now. I dont' think its anything to worry about, but Joe's worried. The last time we saw the doc, he said it was either still Croup, or he had found a cool noise he likes to make, or it was just that his little trachea hasn't fully developed and it was as if someone was letting air out of a balloon every time he takes a breath. I don't hear him make the sound unless he holds his head a certain way and gets excited. The doc also said that he would be more worried if it were a "wheez" every time he exhaled. We'll see. I'm thinking he's ok, but we will know tomorrow. These guys will know what they are talking about...

Evelyn's boys, my nephews, are amazing. They are playing baseball, they are in school, playing instruments, and they are just all around great guys. I'm excited that I have a chance to be in their lives to watch them grow. They will be great for Joey too.

Friday, we are heading to Florida for the weekend - short weekend. Cousin Joey lives on Pensacola Beach, so we are going to crash him for a couple of nights and then make it back to MS on Sunday. It'll be a quick visit, but we've been needing to get down there to see him for quite some time.

More later....I'm just exhausted. I'll try to be more descriptive. I just can't hardly conjure up a complete thought. I didn't conjure up the word "conjure" though...guess I'm not too bad off.

1 comments:

Maria said...

I'm always amazed at how expensive some homes are.

And how cool.

I bought a fixer upper about 6 years ago and I mean...it was a REAL fixer upper. It is very old, so old that it has a boiler instead of a furnace and we have had to replace several of the windows...but, it was dirt cheap, and therefore very attractive.

I don't think I will ever be able to afford one of "those" houses unless I win the lottery or something....