Wednesday, October 03, 2007

House of Flies

Its a beautiful day today so I decided to open up my back door, wide open. I not only did that for fresh air, but I was feeling a little stifled today. Its amazing how much better I felt mentally after opening the door as well as all the blinds and windows. But with that came an influx of FLIES right about lunch time.

I've killed 10 so far and there is a serious horse fly that sneaked in (that I can't find right now...) and two others lurking, waiting to jump on my coffee cup when I turn my back. I just smashed 3 - two with one swat and another in mid air that landed in my open dishwasher full of clean dishes. UGH. Needless to say, I had to shut my door. This house needs a couple of screen doors.

I like this house that we are in. Its been a blessing. We are renting, and I simply cant wait until we can find something we love to buy, but it works great for now. WHen we first moved in, you wouldn't believe that spiders. I have a slight case of aracniphobia .... understatement .... and Joe's worse ... but when we moved in, no one had been in here for about 6 months to a year, so it took a little while to ask the spiders kindly to MOVE OUT. I think we've scared the brown recluses back into their holes, and the black widows are mostly outdoors. We've seen these "water spiders" a lot in here, and THOSE BABIES ARE HUGE. But now, since we've been here a few months, they are mostly gone, or hiding. We have a can of spider spray at each corner of the house, and Joe laid a thick line of poison all around the house to keep others from coming inside. As I'm tying, i just realized that spiders like flies..... I wouldn't mind if one or two came out to get this horse fly.

Ok, Pensacola post coming next. I promise. :)

By the way, JOey STILL doesn't like carrots. He's getting close.... He'll eat them, but not willingly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is very funny.

What a wonderful thing you did for our troops. Very cool.
Hopefully you will share more experiences about your trips overseas.

Ann