Friday, October 05, 2007

Visitors

Its quiet here today. I had to take the doggies to the vet for teeth cleanings, etc. I had to wake Joey up early to go, and now he's down for a hard nap. I haven't even turned on the TV yet, which makes it unusually quiet in here.

We just had the best past 24 hours we've had in a while. Our dear friends - Pat, Amanda and Ashely from TN - came to visit us. They all took off work (Ashley was on Fall Break anyway so that was perfect timing) and trekked down to our house for the night to spend some time with us and little Joey. That's very humbling....its quite the haul down here, and gas is not cheap.

THey are the announcement of light. I don't know if that makes sense, but they truly are LIGHTS of life. They bring joy to a room. And Bill, Pat's husband and the girls' dad, he wasn't able to make it this time, but I miss him dearly.

We had a GREAT TIME. They arrived around 1 pm yesterday and we plopped down in the living room and talked all afternoon and played with Joey. They brought me a little surprise - JOURNALS! Homemade! They are ADORABLE and I cannot wait to start writing in them. (thank you!!) Last night, we hit Como Steakhouse a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that's fantastic. We stuffed ourselves and then went for a drive to show our friends our little town - in the dark, nonetheless, but they could see its quaintness.

This morning, Amanda went with me to Oxford to the vet's clinic, and she fed and entertained Joey in the back while I drove, and then wrestled Happy and Rudy out of the car. (With Happy, you have to throw a kung fu move on him to get him out of the car. He's such an awkward beast!) Then we drove back and met Ashley and Pat for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.

Joey and I were sad to see them drive off. We miss them so much. They, among a few others, are part of our Nashville family. When I moved to Nashville, I moved in with a dear friend, Katie Paxson (that was riot....two Katie's under one roof!!) and she introduced me to Alison Carmona, who became my dear sister. Ali took a risk and asked me to sing BGV's in her band, and in turn, she introduced me a whole slew of people that have become my family. Butch and Debra, Bill, Pat, Ashley, and Amanda, Michael (God rest his beautiful soul), Ali's mom and dad all her 7 brothers (yes, she IS the only girl) and many many many more that I didnt' even mention here. I fell in love. We are like family, and I miss them. SO dearly.

Thank you Ladies for coming to visit us. That meant the world.

1 comments:

Maria said...

There is nothing I like more than visitors who are good about playing with my kid.....