Monday, December 03, 2007

Mom

Mom and Dad were in Missouri last week and became refugees at our place instead of heading back north to a snow and ice storm. Nice surprise for us. We had a great time and it was perfect timing for a little visit.

My mom continues to amaze me. Lately, she's been saying funny things out of the blue that just shock me. Two things t-boned me yesterday that I loved:

(#1) We were getting JOey out of the car yesterday at a restaurant, and he was excessively whiny. He was terribly hungry so it wasn't his fault. We just couldn't get to feeding him right on the schedule. But my mom, she grabbed him from my arms so I could morph the back of my car into a changing table, and said "Shut up, kid. Life's a bitch." I busted up laughing, turned around and looked at her. She said ".....What?!?!"

(#2) Joe was prepping dinner with Dad and he said "Hey Kate, make us some drinks! Dad and I want Jack and Coke's, your mom wants a barcardi and coke." I gathered all my bartender needs and went to making the drinks. I know mom and her ability to NOT hold an alcoholic beverage, so I was careful not to make her's too strong. I accidentally made it stronger than I should have, but figured, ehhh...she's not driving. I handed her the drink and said "Mom, it might be too strong." She replied with a "It might be just right!"

Mom.... she's great. What a hoot.

1 comments:

Maria said...

Gotta love her, huh?