Thursday, January 03, 2008

Whew!

Well, that was close. Holidays come and gone. We're still existing, thank God!

They really weren't that bad honestly. Not at all. We spent Christmas with Joe's family, and we had a great time. We left on Christmas day so that Joe could get back to work the day after Christmas. We caught colds while we were there. I'm still fighting mine off. Last night was the WORST. No sleep at all, trying to breathe. Sudafed dried up everything BUT my nose. I was slugging down water like a fish, all the while blowing my nose, keeping Joe up all night too. Joey has a cold too - hopefully not my version of a cold - but I've been wiping his nose constantly. Joe's been fending off the flu. We're quite the family this week..... I'll be fumigating the house soon.

Joey's growing so much every day. Every moment just gets better and better. He's communicating really well. He's learning a lot of new words. He's getting really strong on his feet. He's a curious little booger though, like all kids his age. He's touching everything, and poking his fingers in light sockets, and electrical outlets. As soon as we feel better, we are going to go find him some "squeaky" shoes - he's so quiet when he walks. He sneaks up behind us and we have to look behind us before we move because he might be there. We've knocked him over a couple of times already.

The other day, he went running after Happy. He ran up to him, and stepped flat on his tail with both feet. Happy was startled and jumped up, running into the kitchen. It was as if Happy pulled a rug out from underneath Joey. He went flying up in the air, and landed on his head.
It all happened in slow motion. I saw it all happen. We had been sitting on the floor together looking through a book when he got up suddenly and went for Happy. He probably won't be doing that again anytime soon.

He likes to do "fly by nose touches" on the dogs. He'll be running by Happy, and stick out his first and middle fingers and lightly touch his nose. It happens before Happy can react, so once he knows Joey's done it, he's already gone. Its cute.

Rudy (or as Joey calls him, "Roo-Roo") has a green squeaky fish that Joey likes to find and chase Rudy with. Sometimes Rudy will play with him, but most of the time, he won't. Its just depends on what mood Rudy is in.

I finished "The Secret Life of Bees" the other night. I loved the read. I highly recommend this book. I love the writing style of Sue Monk Kidd.

Addie is just about ready to pop - just a few more weeks and she'll be having a little boy named Aidan Christian. I cant wait. We won't have a chance to get up there until after he's born. And even after he IS born, we want to wait until the snow clears. We just dont want to take a chance in bad weather with Joey. She is finally able to enjoy being pregnant, now that the last semester is finished. I was so worried about her - she had more going on than anyone I've ever seen - taking a full load of classes as well as working full time, and at odd hours of the day. I was afraid that her crazy schedule would take a bad toll on her baby. Hopefully it hasn't. I've never seen her more excited about something though. I'm so happy for her and Danny.

I think we are going to try for #2 in the near future. We were going to try this month, but I think I want to wait until February or March. I just need a litttttle bit more time. I've got a great handle on Joey, but only recently. I'm back under control, and I want to feel that stability for just a little while longer before life flips upside down again. We'll see....

This has been the year for babies though - My cousin just had a baby boy (Kaiden) in Wisconsin. Joe's cousin Joey is going to have a baby in about 7 months (his first! Very shocking - last time I talked to him, he just wasnt' ready to "go there." Well, its time....haha!) And my friend Michelle is having a baby in April. Heather had her baby in November. Something in the water....

Later: My cousin Mary Jo just called to tell me she's pregnant. ha! My other cousin Presley is trying so she's next.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a gooD Christmas and hope you all feel better soon.

Sounds like you have a lot of great girlfriends. Cherish everyday with them as things can happen so quickly. Just live from day to day making awesome memories.