Thursday, November 20, 2008

Procrastinating....

I am not a procrastinator by nature. If there's a job - JUST. GET. IT. DONE.

Not today. I have no idea why. I feel like working - but for some reason I'm just ... well, not. I even have a sitter today so I can rock and roll. I will in a moment. This morning, I wanted to do some blog cruising - something I haven't done in 6 months or more and I just miss it. Sometimes I can easily feel isolated in this place, and forget that there IS life on the outside. Maybe I've spent too much time traveling in my earlier years (I speak as if that was more than 5 years ago...). Maybe my travel days were a bad thing - giving me a taste of something that I couldn't have forever.

(Sigh) coming clean, I think I'm a little down because I found out last night that a particular family member and his wife are leaving today to spend a week in New York City. And I'm just ... ugh ... longing, I suppose. November/ December is my favorite time of year in NYC, and I suppose I'm a little envious that I won't be able to go there ...or anywhere, for that matter... for quite some time. Just feeling a little sorry for myself.

But on another hand, there's no way I could leave my little man here, but its much too hard to get around in NYC with a toddler - let alone being pregnant at the same time. So I just need to get over it.

Looking at a few blogs today, I noticed a few were writing random things about themselves. So I thought I would dig up a few that I *could* share. (ha!) So here's my procrastinators-list-of-random-facts-about-me:

1. I have an outie belly button. Yes. Its true. And it is accentuated by my pregnancy ALREADY. Didn't take long.

2. I love chocolate but don't care for other sweets. I'll eat some, but would rather have a coffee, chai tea, water, or an apple than a candy bar.

3. I absolutely LOVE eggs and peanut butter. Together. Mixed. Yum. Hey-don't knock it until you try it.

4. My name is Katie. Not Katherine, Kathy, Katrina, Katalina.....just Katie.

5. Love shoes, but can never find any I like, and always fall back on my Reefs leather flops, even in 30 degree weather.

6. I hate to shop. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

7. I love forensic science and crime scene investigation. If I was to start over again, and choose another career path, I would do one of the two.

8. I'm very simple and love simplicity. I love the classic pottery barn living style - no clutter, all organization, and matching colors. I don't have that right now due to the merging of lifestyles of marriage, and my lack of a sufficient budget. Maybe someday.

9. I dream in vivid color and detail, and often remember the most minute of detail.

10. My favorite places in the world: Home, Venice Italy, Sicily, Seville Spain, New York City, Sardinia Italy.

11. I love Sangria.

12. After my first pregnancy, i became allergic to a bunch of foods that I love: carrots, watermelon (any kind of melon), some nuts (not bad though), cherries, and many more.

13. I love tequila, but after pregnancy, my body will NOT accept it. (That's a good thing.)

I have so many more, but my procrastination hour is needing to come to an end. Tell me some of the random things about you! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I love my little Niece Katie... she needs to call her auntie on the acreage when she is feeling down. She can find me on line (even when I am supposed to be studing). I sent you a package -well as soon as I find your address- for the little one's birthday. Enjoy the little surprises from IA. I will TRY to make plans to come to see you at the first of the year. Take care sweetie. Smile now :0) I am thinking of you. From a "Cowgirl Wanna Be"

Linda S. Socha said...

Kate
What a lovely blog. I can relate to much of this though my children are now grown and ....doing blogs of their own! I would love to see some of your blog designs....I am new to your blog so will be back for more later!

I send you wishes for fun mentally traveling until you are in that place again
Linda

Rhi said...

Hey Kate. Love your blog. =) One question... why did you decide to ditch the music career? Do you sing or play or what...

I'm Kate... said...

HI!! :)

Julie - I miss you. :) Can't wait to see you in early 2009. I wish you could bring your horses. Not that I could ride at 7 months pregnant, but it might get the ball rolling on the delivery. haha! Don't want to do that!

Linda - thanks for visiting! Come back soon!! Thanks for the well wishes. My mind "travels" often. ;)

Rhi - thank you for visiting too! You know, I left the music world for a couple of reasons. First of all, I followed my husband OUT of the business as he and I were managers and he took another job. But we made the decision together, really. I performed on the side - for fun (which made it GREAT! no pressure!!) but we were more, like I said, on the business side as managers. We LOVED our job, but something happened about 18 months ago that made us reevaluate our lives and our careers. The business became much to dirty for our consciences and we decided it was time to move on. SO we did. I miss it, but we are still in a much better place. :)

Anonymous said...

You came by your love of eggs and peanut butter naturally!! GOOD STUFF!! Granny