Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Business is good - so far.

I'm getting excited..... I've just been so "blah" lately feeling a little discouraged about my new business. Sure things are progressing - slowly, but yes, they are progressing - but I've been in a rut on several aspects, and in the last few days, the clouds have been parting a little. I've gathered a new client in the last few days, and established my contracts. I'm still tweaking my contracts, but they are so close to being done, I can taste it. I think simply the fact of organizing my legals makes this whole thing a little more tangible - and that's exciting to me. Finally, something that's reachable and actually official and obtainable. Without contracts, i was feeling a bit naked, and vulnerable, not only by watching this interest of business teeter on mere existence, but also, with the fact of getting taken advantage of clientele because of my lack of an official legal protection and "lay out" of design progression. Its just as important to them as it is to me - clients need to see that an organized progression of my business and design ideas instead of string of emails that 'explain' my brain storms, terms and estimates. The world of web design is not a well known subject - and is easily misunderstood and underestimated- so it feel GREAT to be able to present something organized.

I have another client as well that I've known about - we've just been gathering content for their site, and I'm going to get started on that in the next few weeks. Its an optical shop that has a really cool vibe, and I want to reflect that vibe in the site. I can't wait to start!

In the meantime, over this holiday season, when I find my inbetween times, I will be designing my own basic business site. Its not going to be too intense right away, but hopefully in the future, as my own skills grow, I can make it great and a sample to my future clients.

Wee Hoo!

0 comments: