Monday, February 23, 2009

Almost better

So the Rhino that visited a few weeks ago turned out to be the flu for Joey. I had the flu shot so I avoided the worst of it - but I caught the cold-turned-into-nasty-sinus-infection that I haven't been able to shake since. I woke up on Friday feeling like someone smacked the right side of my face with a baseball bat. Suddenly Tylenol and Afrin weren't doing the trick anymore. I had to get down and dirty with some antibiotics. It has yet to clear me completely, but you would not believe how much crap comes out of a sinus cavity at the rate of 50 times a day (or more). Puffs is making a fortune off of me.

My friend Anne turned me on to the Netipot to perform some serious sinus irrigation. Saturday, I looked like this.... (looks a little crude.....)


Since one side was completely blocked, I was in desperate need for a inflatable floating device - or so I thought - when it felt like I dove into the deep end of the pool. It did work for a little while, once that side cleared up, and I tried it again. I'll give it another whirl tonight.

Annie weathered our snot storm (it wasn't just me, but Joe was stuffy too) and came to see us. She's AMAZING. We hit the basketball game on Wednesday night. She wore her happy pants, but it didn't help her boys play ball. She assumed at first that it was her pants that brought them bad luck, but then decided it was all the smack she was talking before the game. ha! I hope it was just a case of bad luck and that they do better soon!



See.... happy pants! Looking good, Bo Nannie! Thanks for an INCREDIBLE WEEKEND! We miss you so much already and want you to come back soon for big ass steaks! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh guuurrrl. I miss you guys already! That netipot picture CRACKS me up. You should have let me take a picture of your maiden voyage with the netipot. So glad you all are feeling better! Can't wait to meet Little D in person. Not too much longer!