Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Rhino strikes again....

I have to wake up the little man in a moment and take him to the DOCTOR.

Once again, we are facing some virus-of-the-moment that has entered our humble home. Over a week ago, I had the nasty stomach virus that almost had me involuntarily delivering a baby on the bathroom floor, and now this week, the little guy has caught the upper-respiratory-nasty- cold/fever .... and now my throat is that to the equivalent of hamburger meat, well on its way to duplicate the rhino virus my son has. Considering that BOTH TIMES sickness has entered this home, it was a result of a grocery store outing to the local Kroger (we really haven't been many other places to catch something), I would love to stay clear of that wretched place anyway. Not only do we catch viruses, but my tomatoes don't stay fresh for more than one day, among other foods that we are spending top dollar for, but don't stay fresh for more than a day or two.

Pray that we don't pick up the stomach virus again in the waiting room of the doctor's office in a little while. When I called today to make the appointment, the voice mail said "we are experiencing heavy office volume these last few days...." That makes sense.

On the other hand, I'm 80% finished painting Joey's room. It looks fantastic. Its a bit darker than we anticipated, but I actually really like it. The darkness of the walls (its a deep aloe green) make the ceilings look even taller, contrary to popular believe that dark colors make a room look smaller. I ran out of paint on my second coat. I have about a wall and half left to paint, which I will do once I get over the cold that's about to hit me sideways. We had colds (joey and I) back in December. He tripped it in 2 days - this time its taking him so much longer... I had it for a full week, but I couldn't take anything to ease the pain. Tylenol and Afrin are my friends, although they don't show me much love. I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh... so do I need to bust out my hazmat suit for my trip next week? i guess I could always bring my orange one since we are going to the game... provided everyone is healthy and up for it! Hope you feel better soon!

John and Sarah Clore said...

oh, that's one thing i'm really looking forward to once i have harvey---being able to send myself into a drug induced coma when i get sick! ocean nasal spray and tylenol are so lame! i want nyquil and dayquil around the clock---now that's relief!