Sunday, February 04, 2007

Growing...




Joey is growing more and more each day. He had his two month check up the other day and he is about 12.5 lbs already! He was a big boy, and had 3 shots and an oral vaccine. Eeesh. Needless to say, he hasn't felt himself for the last few days. I think he is just now coming out of it.

Every day he becomes more and more active. I read to him every day, no matter if its from a kids book, or the newspaper. I talk to him all the time, and tell him what i'm doing, whether its "Now we are walking down the stairs" or "Here's the refrigerator." I introduce his stuffed animals to him everyday too. He seems to like elephants. He fixates on them whenever he's around anything having to do with elephants.

He is in his cooing stage now, and its a very neat time..... he talks all the time. :)

Joe is on the road alot these days, touring, as he's opening for Bob Seger. This is a great time for our little company, but its sad that he has to be gone in this growing time for Joey. We'd rather him be gone now, rather than later, because when Joey gets older, then he'll notice more when he's gone. But what is so sweet is......when Joe calls, Joey likes to talk to him, and is fully aware when its his daddy's voice coming across the phone. He could be awake, but quiet....but once I put Joe on speaker phone, Joey instantly becomes excited, flailing his little arms and cooing into the phone. I say "Joey, tell daddy Hi. Tell him you love him," and he instantly coos sweetly to Joe. Its the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life!

Everyday, i am so thankful for our little family. Joe, Joey, Rudy, Happy..... I don't know where I would be without them all. There is nothing sweeter. Life is good. :)

1 comments:

angelab said...

Absolutely adorable. BTW, he looks just like his mommy now.