Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'll call this post "Wednesday August 22"

I had a strange brief dream this morning. I don't think it had much meaning, but maybe? It was kind of silly really. I dreamed that I was standing in my bathroom brushing my hair and water just started pouring out of my vent overhead. I stood and thought about the layout of the part of the house above me, and guessed that it was air conditioning, and that the pipes had frozen up, or the whole entire unit was a block of ice, and it had just thawed all of a sudden and came pouring out on top of me, and now my bathroom was filling up with water.

Then I woke up.

I'm going to have to read up on that. I've had dreams in the past (scary ones) where buildings that I was in were filling up with water.

On to other news, Joey pulled himself up today without mommy assistance. I was there to spot him if needed, but he was strong and decided he didn't need my help. I couldnt' believe it. Then he did it again on his own. He has a little radio flyer wagon "walker" that's supposed to help him learn to walk - and yes its working. He holds on tight and I'll move it forward ever so slightly, and he struggles, but then steps forward with it. I don't know if he'll be walking by the time he's one, but we'll be off to a great start.


Joe's been golfing. He was yesterday and today. He's not a big golfer, but he's had to with his new job, as to have some "buddy" time with the corporate office, and to get to know them. They tee off so late in the day. I miss him when he's gone that long. I guess I should be used to it by now, as sometimes he'd be gone for days on the road.

We leave Saturday morning for Iowa to visit my family. I'm looking forward to it. Joe's not going to be with me 80% of the time, which makes me nervous. Although I'll be with family, I'm not going to have much help with Joey. I should manage ok, I hope. I'm excited to my friend Addie. She's pregnant and I haven't had a chance to hug her neck in a while! When we get back on Labor Day, we'll be heading for Nashville the following weekend for Heather's baby shower. She's due in November. I think I started a trend with my friends. haha! :) I'm excited for both of them.

Not sure when Joe and I will try for another baby. I need to be mentally ok for another one, and I'm just not sure I'm there yet. The events of this year have delayed some post partum i'm experiencing now, so i think we better wait for a little while. I do want Joey to have a little playmate though. The Lord will time it right.

PS Maria :) That upside down chicken in the background would scare anyone! :) Its actually one of about 6 puppets i have "clothes-hanged" from JOey's Pet Net. He likes to look at them when i'm changing him, but you know what - I'm thinking it might have a psycho affect on him later in life. haha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine you are used to your husband being home most of the time now and that's why it's hard on you when he has to be out late.
That's how it was for me.
If he was gone for a week or so, I got into a routine and I was used to him being gone. It was worse if he was gone for just one or two nights.

I became friends with another mom whose husband also traveled a lot.
We would get together and have supper with all our kids.
We would go out or meet at one another's house. That really helped us get through those lonely early evening hours. It was fun too.

Perhaps you will meet some other moms at your library. Maybe you can find a moms and kids group that meets once a week.

I hope this is helpful.