Thursday, August 23, 2007

Moody Scanner

I'm wrestling a moody scanner this morning. I'm learning how to build websites (Ang, I know you are going to tell me to STOP NOW before it ruins me! haha!) and I'm putting a temporary site together for my mom and her art work. I've been scanning her art work little by little and there is this one picture that my damn scanner keeps cutting short. I'm about to show it who's boss....

I bought a journal the other day. I really like it. I collect journals, and this one has a unique look to it. Two things that bug me about it: (1) it has lines. I'm not a fan of lines because I feel like lines tend to hinder creativity and thought. Surprising that I would think that way with as OCD as I am. Ok, i'm just borderline OCD. And (2) I bought this journal at Office Depot. That REALLY bothers me to know that there are probably about 100,000 other journals out there that look just like it. I typically like eclectic unique journals that are not mass produced and sold in a chain store. But I like the way this looks. It has a really classy design in a mohogany colored cover. Its "majestic" in its own way. I'll just have to pretend that there's not more than 3 other journals like it out there. I have journal that I'm using now for my more personal writings thats handmade, that I picked up in Spain. A few years ago, when I started writing, my brother gave me an amazing journal that was all natural paper with a brown suade cover. After I filled that journal to the brim (about 300 pages), i started another journal given to me by my friend Ryan and Tyler Rygmyr that was a beautiful rainbow-colored journal. I started my "spanish" journal after I filled that one up. I have several others that i'm debating on using next, but I really like this Office Depot one. I dunno....

I'm going to go visit Mammaw today, Joe's grandmother. A few weeks ago she tripped and broke her arm and she's just been miserable ever since. She's 90 and active as ever, and to sit and just "wait" for her arm to heal is just driving her crazy. Joey and I are going to go try to cheer her up for the afternoon.

TOnight, Joe and I are going on a date. Believe it or not, its been about 5 months since we went on our last "date." So much has gone down in the last few months that its prevented us from taking time for us. Now that we are settled in, and we have a friend to babysit for the evening, we're going to go see a movie. I'm nervous about leaving Joey though.... last time we left him, he was about 4 or 5 months old. Now he's almost 9 months old, and he has a little bit of, what they call "attachment" issues. haha We'll see how this works. I think he'll be ok. We're not even going to dinner - just a 2 hour movie - but we have to drive 30 min to the theatre, unlike where we lived in Nashville where we could practically walk to the theatre. That's alright....just like living in Iowa again. ha!

2 comments:

Ray Kay Jay said...

Kate ! Stop now before you begin to enjoy your obsessions. To heck with it - enjoy life,live dangerously, keep journals and design websites!!!!

So did Joe get to first base on your date??? ;-) Its a great idea for couples to still have dates,a little time away adds some magic.

BTW - do you have a contact (mail) address where I could send a journal to? (For your personal safety this shouldnt be your home address ,but maybe a friends?)

I have a journal here with a very south pacific cover you may like. Your call on this, I wont be offended if you say no. Cheers Ray

Erin said...

Hope you had a wonderful date! I'm working on Kelly to find a weekend we could come visit! Give your boys my love, oh and some to you too of course! ;)