Thursday, August 02, 2007

What a week for the little man

Joey's had one heck of a week. He's all growed up.

Lets see - where to start:

Well, last THursday, I had him down on his hands and knees, trying to see if I could give him a few crawling pointers. He almost had it - but then instead, figured out how to sit up on his own from his hands and knees position. I was amazed. I didn't quite think he had it all down because he was a little shaky, not really knowing how and where to put his little arms to stablize his weight, but he proved me wrong on Friday afternoon when I went to get him after his nap, and he was sitting straight up in bed. Gooooood work. Now's he just been showing off.

Now that he knows how to sit up on his own, he's been doing it CONSTANTLY. I can't get him to lay down anymore unless he's REALLY tired. He just pops right back up, and laughs.

Next, he's been climbing on me a lot when I hold him. He's been standing on me and pulling himself up using his hands on my shoulders with his feet on my lap. Well - the other day, I walked in to get him after his nap again, and he had one knee propped up, one hand on a crib slat, and his other arm slung over the side of the crib, trying to lift himself up.

We lowered his crib that night.

His little personality has come busting out this week too. He's been so reactive and respondent to everything around him already of course, but MAN, this week is unreal. He's imitating, and coming up with crazy noises and funny faces. He's a sticky fingered little sucker and can't keep his hands off things. Anything with buttons he wants to grab. He'll sit up in his play pen and study all the items up close. He stares into a mirror and talks. He talks to the dogs. He's just over the top. I have tons of pictures to post, but I'm tired. Heading to bed.

Annie's coming to visit us this weekend. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Oh, so many crazy stories to blog on Monday.... :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They grow up way too fast. He will be out of diapers and heading off to kindergarten before you know it.