Thursday, September 20, 2007

The last post....

In my last post, a few of you expressed your concerns about why I was depressed. You all are so considerate and amazing for checking in on me about this. I need to tell you that I think I misspoke - I didnt' meant to sound depressed altogether, but just "down" about the situation about having to discipline Joey that night. It made me so sad. Up until now, he's been too little to discipline, but that night, I realized that now is the time to start introducing a stern method of teaching of behavior. He gets it. He's a bright little guy, and he understood that I was putting him in time out, but I don't think he quite understood why his mommy was doing it. Its going to take him a minute to understand what behaviors are right and which are wrong. It just brought me down that I made him cry. Just a natural parent feeling, I suppose. I was just down about it. Thank you again for expressing your concern. I'm doing pretty well overall. My spirit is calmer than it has been in a long time. :) Thank God! I love you all. Thank you so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's hard and so weird when you have to start laying down the law with your babies. It gets easier. I'm sure you've heard that before.

I hope you are making new friends.
Many churches have "moms and tots"
groups that meet once a week or so.
Usually it does not matter if you even go to that church.
Also, our public library has a wonderful children's program.
They have weekly storytimes for ALL ages where they listen to the librarian read them a book, they sing songs and play games.
Maybe your library has this too.
Our kids loved it and it was a good way to meet people.
Also, it was a lifesaver for me during the winter!

I hope this is helpful to you.

Maria said...

Maybe I am dense, but I didn't think you sounded THAT depressed in your last post. But, then...I guess I barely know you...