Tuesday, September 18, 2007

One of these "survey" thingies....GAWD!

I never EVER do these things but dang it Maria .... I figured if YOU did one, I would too. haha! Here we go...


Hi, my name is Katie.

But you can call me Katie. :) or Kate. Whichever you like.

Never in my life have I ... done any kind of drug. Never. Nor have a sky-dived. I wanted to once. But it seemed as though drugs and skydiving went hand in hand, so I never did either...

When I am nervous ... I stammer and bite my lip.

The last song I listened to ... Holiday in Spain by Counting Crows. It was on the CD that made for Joey of "Cool Daddy Tunes" - my compilation of easy going music to lull him to sleep by.

If I were to get married right now, it would be to ... my hubby. All over again. I would marry him every moment of every day forever. He's so amazing...

My hair .... is long. The longest it has ever been. I'm surprised I didn't I didn't cut it shortly after Joey was born. I can see now why so many new mamas cut their hair after the delivery, or even before the birth. My main reason I say that is because the moment that I wake up, before I go pull Joey out of his crib, I pull my hair back in this "thick hair" comb clippy thing, that, by the way, doesn't wrap all my hair up anymore its so dang long - and it is in that clippy thing all day, until I let it down when I go back to bed at night. Its still pulled up right now and Joey's been in bed for an hour.

When I was four... I was a dorky preschooler.

Last Christmas ... Joe hid Joey in the midst of the presents under the tree. Actually he just set him among the presents and asked me to play "Where's Waldo" with him (remember that game?). Joey was asleep so he didn't even notice. I noticed right away and scolded Joe for "putting Joey in an uncomfy position." Then we laughed about it because it looked so ridiculous, but cute. It wasn't hurting him at all, but it was funny. I have pictures, but I'm afraid that if I display them, one of you will turn us into Child Protective Services. But you know, JOey is the best gift ever, so it was quite appropriate.

I should be ... in bed. But I'm not. And Frasier is on. So sleep will have to wait.

When I look down I see.... (big sigh) You don't wanna know.

The happiest recent event was ..... kissing my husband when he came home late from work tonight, and ruffling Rudy's hair, and watching Joey scream-laugh at Rudy and Happy playing chase around his playpen.

If I were a character in Friends, I'd be ...... hmmmm..... I guess Rachel??

By this time, next year, I hope .... to be delivering another Youngun' again. I'm not ready yet, but I want to get all my kiddos out the way. there's nothing like it, but it takes a lot out of you. I'm up for the task, but I've always fought with my levels of patience, and the Lord is teaching me patience and self-control. More of "why" later....I had my first "incident" tonight with patience, and I nearly failed.

My current distress is ..... feeling like I have no tomorrow. I know that sounds funny, but its really a phobia of mine. I feel like tomorrow might never come. Ok Garth Brooks - forget that - but really.....it keeps me from falling asleep fast and calm at night... Thank God for prayer.

I have a hard time understanding ..... whats going on right now in our lives. I'm having an easy time "accepting" but a hard time understanding. I'm ok with that. I really am. It'll come. And believe it or not, I'm patient here.

There's these girls .... Lord, I dunno. I don't concern myself with girls, much. I've had enough petty la-la-la-la-la's and gossip that I don't notice if there are some "girls" in the corner sneering at me. Blah. Keep it. I have a lot more important things to worry about.

If I won an award, the first person I would tell is ... Joe. :) Offffffffff course!

I want to buy... a new dress. I love dresses. I just don't have a place to wear them. I suppose I could just "wear" one anywhere, but really..... in HERE in this small redneck town? When I wear makeup and I stand out.

I plan on visiting .... Italy and Spain. I don't know, but look out - I'll be back, dammit! (sigh)

If I could spend the night at any house, it would be ..... this house I saw tonight in "O." Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. If you could only hear me sigh. Its SOOOOO romantically beautiful for "round these parts." Its in a little subdivision called "Wellstate" I think (maybe its Wells Gate??) and its right on the [man-made] lake but its GAAAARRRRRGEOUS! Give me a full moon, my husband, a couple glasses of wine, a nice warmish cool night on the deck overlooking the water with some candles, a gourmet dinner, and a babysitter and I'm in BUSINESS. Oh my word youve got to see this house.........

The world could do without .... spiders. I know, they do a lot of "good" ...sometimes... but you know what - i think I could just do without SEEING them. OH and child predators.

The most recent thing I bought myself is .... ehhhh.....ummm.....i don't know. I think this is a loaded question, really asking what you've "splurged" on yourself lately, instead of hearing about my recent purchase of clorox and tuna fish. I'd have to say that I most recently "splurged" on some Aveda shampoo and conditioner. I love it. I went out today to find some blue jeans in "O." Yeah, I will never shop there AGAIN. That place is so ridiculous - $250 for a pair of jeans that I could buy in Nashville for $75?? Forget about it. I'll pay some money for some jeans now - don't get me wrong - I'll wear the life out of them - but not THAT much.

The most recent thing that someone else bought for me was ... a couple of books on Catholicism. Hmmm.....

My middle name is.... Anna. My great grandmother's name, as well as my aunt Julie's middle name.

In the morning I am ... wait - who am I? That's about the way I feel.

Last night I was ... up late, because the day stunk, and I decided that i would just stay up doing what I wanted to do, which was finish my damn trip post. haha

There is this guy I know who ... rocks my world. His name is Joe.....

If I was an animal, I would be a... dog. I know that sounds funny - but dogs don't have much to get depressed about if they are well loved and taken care of.

A better name for me would be.... i dunno about this one. I've heard all my life that I look like a "Jenny" but I don't like that name for me. I still ponder over the fact that my name is "Katie," as though its strange that I have a name, and that's what my name is. Silly, I know.

Tomorrow, I am .... writing 2 letters - one business, one personal. I've got to write a letter for Joe's Anheuser Busch marketing research (haha ...watch me work my degree now, mama!), and the other is a love letter for my niece Barbara Ann in Seattle. That one will be EASY!! SHe's AWESOME! I also need to come up with a cool "slogan" or rap for my nephew Thomas who is running for class prez.

Tonight, I am .... feeling a little depressed, but all is good. I'm hurting because tonight was the first time that I had to discipline Joey. My heart broke in half today, and I cried. He was whining BIG TIME because he wasn't getting what he wanted, so I put him in a timeout in his crib with no toys. I walked out of his room, closed the door, but left the light on with his CD player going. He wailed for 15 minutes. So did I, in the other room of course. I wanted to get him so bad, but my heart told me no. I went back in there after 15 minutes and picked him up. He struggled to get out of my arms. We sat down in the rocker and I held him and rocked him but he still screamed and tried to get away. I changed him into his PJs...kicking and screaming the whole time. Finally, I fed him his dinner, and Joe came home from the office late. He was ok then. But it was a struggle. I couldn't give in. I died today. I hope I get a lot stronger..... I know I will.


Ok......anyone else want to chime in on their lives? Be my guest!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. I hope it's only momentary.

I hope you have befriended some other moms there by now.
It will make all the difference in the world.

Ray Kay Jay said...

Katie,please make sure you talk to someone. You have lots of friends who love you without judgement, Ray

Maria said...

There are so many mom moments that just break your heart. Sometimes you have to be the hard ass to get them to mind. (This doesn't mean like...beating them or anything...just...time outs, etc.)

It takes a few times to get them to learn that no means no but once you have that in place, your world gets MUCH easier.

But, I have spent many, many times crying in one room when Liv was crying in the other....

Anonymous said...

Sure, I'll chime in on my life.
It's lousy right now.
My husband is not my friend anymore. He's verbally abusive and has been for a long time.
He just tears me down and it hurts my heart so much. We used to be best friends.
My life is just a mess and there is no one to talk to.
I don't want people I see day to day to know my marriage is in ruins. People talk, you know, and inevitably our kids would hear something. It would embarrass them.

There are worse things than this.
We are healthy and we don't want for material things.
I know a lot of folks have it worse than me and that's how I keep my problem in perspective.
I wish so much that I knew how to deal with it. It's hard to ignore someone you live with.

I like reading your blog. I hope you don't mind too much my venting here.

I'm Kate... said...

Hi my anonymous friend,

UGHHH...... my heart hurts so badly that you are hurting. I hope you get this message through this comment.

I'm not exactly sure how to encourage you, but only to say that you are truely in my prayers. Maybe this is a phase that he is going through?? Maybe he is just going through some things in his own personal world that is affecting how he is treating his best friend (not that he should separate areas of his life from you as his wife, but some people do...). I will pray for him that this will pass and he will see your worth as he cherished before now, and I will pray for you to endure this and to have the strength to forgive him when this passes. My friend, I know you don't have someone to talk to. I feel this pain. The hardest thing to do is to talk to "professional" but maybe this is what you need to do to get the proper advice, espcially if the problem may be more than verbal abuse. I've had to talk to a counselor recently too just to pull myself out of a little depression rutt. It can be hard on pride and also financially a little, but it is WORTH IT. Girl, if you don't mind, please update me. I doubt that we are in close proximity of each other, but if you need to vent, please do. I have a heart for prayer and ear for listening.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. That's nice of you.

Words cannot express the level of my bitterness and anger.
I wonder if other husbands can be harsh and mean? Does anyone else but me think their husband is a jackass? It seems like everyone else lives a charmed life
which makes me even more bitter.

Anyway, I should not dwell on my anger and bitterness. I will deal with that. I imagine it will take a little time. There sure are people worse off than me.



The positve part is that he knows he is wrong to say mean things.
He says he knows when he's doing it but he can't stop himself.
So it's good he knows there's a problem.

Now, he's not a total jackass.
He's a loving and responsible dad and he's not violent.

Thanks again for your sympathy.
I hope you are adjusting to life in your new town and your role as a new mom. I hope you have made friends there.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Please call me Ann.
Now I won't be anonymous.:)

You are correct, we don't live in close proximity to each other.
Your blog found me by accident and it's so weird that I can identify with the things you have been going through as a new mom and living in a new town.

I'm glad your baby boy is well.
What's more important than that right?