Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Baby Steps


This is me these days (uh...as the big carrot), photo courtesy of BENT OBJECTS blog that I truly ADORE. ((This man's imagination and artwork is AMAZING!)

Joey is learning how to walk. He's climbing all over me these days. We've removed the one piece of furniture that keeps me up late at night worrying that he'll bust open his little head, and let me tell ya, life is good, now. He has free reign of the living room with no big heavy coffee tables in his way with sharp corners. And yes, now he's pulling up on the couch like a madman, and then reaching for my hands to help him take "baby steps" across the floor. He's a cocky little fella and thinks he can almost run and jump and bounce. Not so, little man. Take your time. You have NOTHING BUT TIME. He can stand on his own now for about 30 + seconds at a time. I've been practicing taking one hand away from his to see if he can learn to support himself by just holding on to one of my hands. He's almost there. I'm thinking he may have this down by the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

Maria said...

And if memory serves, once he is up and running, so are you.....

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable that he is walking!!