Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Passive Aggressive Machinery

A city worker just knocked on my door and asked me if I had been washing clothes or dishes. "No, not this morning, but I did last night," I said.

"Oh...ok."

"I did just run some water a few moments ago though," I said, thinking about the bottle I just prepped for Joey. I used a filter, but still.....

"Maybe that was it. We might have hit your sewer line and we're trying to figure it out."

"Uhhhh.....ok. Well, let me know if I need to do anything, or NOT do something," I said cautiously, hoping that they would actually TELL me if something was wrong.

Looks like that swamp thing out in my front yard is causing me problems. Maria, you're right, he looks like a transformer, but he hasn't spoken to me. :) I think he's the passive aggressive type - just tearing holes in my sewer line with a smile. :)

If that "thing" is still in my front yard tonight, it should add to our lame haunted house affect. It might scare the kiddies away. I might string some orange lights around it, and put a jack-o-lantern in the top, with some cob webs. The city won't be happy, but hey - they might have ripped my sewer line.

0 comments: