Sunday, January 13, 2008

A year in question for 2007

Alright ..... courtesy of Maria, here we go.... :) Maria, this was a good one (loved your answers!!!!) so I did it too.....

1) What did you do in 2007 that you've never done before?


Never lived in "in this southern state" until 2007...

2) Did you keep your resolutions, and will you make more next year?
I never make New Years' resolutions. I have to make my resolutions daily, or else I'm just completely over-expectant. I've learned thats an easy way to get discouraged. But if I renew my self daily, there's a better chance of accomplishing what I want to do.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
My dear friend Heather had a little baby boy named Gavin. My cousin Jason had a baby boy named Kaiden.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Yeah....my dear friend and music buddy Michael Bushnell.

5) What countries did you visit?
Well...physically, or in my mind? ha! I didn't have a chance to venture out to the great abroad.


6) What would like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More chances to travel and see more of the world.

7) What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
January 21 - Joey's christening.
October 31 - Gavin's birthday.

And a whole slew of other dates..... "Joey" dates, like June 1 - cut first "toof" and November 16 - first steps. I have many more....

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
We successfully moved (with an infant) - a task that is nearly as difficult as climbing Mt Everest - really. If you could see how much "shit" we actually have, you would break down and cry. I did. A couple of times.

9) What was your biggest failure?
Losing a few relationships - got lost in the move.

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really - none that I can think of. Thank God I had my health this year. A lot of stress, but I don't really know if that counts.

11) What was the best thing that you bought?
My computer.

12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend, Anne. She stuck by us through thick and thin with the move, and everything before and after. We are growing as new sisters every day. She's my heart. I love my Annie Bo Nannie! She also has the most twisted sick sense of humor that keeps me belly laughing. She has my mind in the gutter about 98% of the time.

13) Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?
Well... frankly, my brother in law and his motley mix of business supporters. Anyway...

14) Where did most of your money go?
You mean "all," right? Well, frankly, to my brother in law and his motley mix of business supporters.

15) What did you get really, really excited about?
Joey's first steps. November 16, 2007.

16) What song will always remind you of 2007?
This is a hard one. I have many. I think just one of them would be "Keep it loose, Keep it tight" by Amos Lee.

17) Compared to this time last year are you a)happier or sadder b)thinner or fatter c) richer or poorer?
I would have to say (a) happier, (b) thinner...that's only because I was pregnant most of 2006,
(c) poorer.

18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sing. Laugh. Run.

19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Raging. Last year, my bad side showed up when I got angry, and my raging bull would bust through the fence.

20) How did you spend Christmas?
At my inlaws with my niece and nephews and Joe and Joey. It was great.

21) Did you fall in love in 2007?
Oh yeah.

22) What was your favorite tv program?
Frasier and King of Queens

23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Naw. I can't hate. I don't have it in me. I'm very disappointed in a few people, and hurt, but no hate. All will work itself out in time.

24) What was the best book you read?
"The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd

25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
I realized that I had a copy of "Cantique de Jean Racine" in my itunes collection. Oh man.....I love that song. We sang it in college and it ripped my heart out.

26) What did you want and get?
To get out of our business situation.... Thank God for Miracles.

27) What did you want and not get?
A home of our own....but I'm not unfaithful or impatient. The Lord's got it in His hands...

28) What was your favorite film this year?
Bourne Ultimatum

29) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

I turned 27 last year. I know, I know - but I'm not as "young" as you think. ha! On my birthday...... I had breakfast with my Witt family who was in town visiting. We had gone out the night before to the Como Steakhouse. I took my dogs to the vet for "teef" cleaning. That night Happy was less than perky from the anesthesia, so we kept close eye on his progress.

30) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A trip overseas.

31) How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2007?
My fashion consisted of my favorite pair of Bebe jeans (that I bought back in 2004, and have nearly worn holes in all areas because I wear them 4 days out of a week), a ribbed wife-beater styled tank top, and flip flops, or sketcher sneakers, or black heels. I went for easy-to-throw-on style, because my life was less than informal, and I was dodging pee squirts and spoonfuls of green beans being knocked my way from a frustrated infant who didn't want to eat his greens. This style continues to be my wardrobe. I'm sick of it, frankly, but hey, its "fast." Its not catching any 2nd glances from the cute boys. ha!

32) What kept you sane?
Not much kept me sane last year, because last year was the first time in a long time I lost my sanity. I think the few things that kept me pieced together were Joe, Joey (because i needed to stay together for them), as well as the Lord, chai tea, coffee, my computer, music, sunshine, Joey's stroller, my running shoes, my new brown sweater, flowers, hugs and smiles. Really.

33) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ehhh....I don't know.

34) What political issue stirred you the most?
Where do I start.......?

35) Who do you miss?
My family .... I miss them all. Every last one of them. Even those I haven't seen in a while. I miss my friends that I've fallen apart from when we moved. I miss Kellie, Alison, Glenda, Annie, Nathan, Heather, Amanda, Addie, Terrie, and so many more. I miss Rob, whom I found out about his death last October and it nearly crushed me. And Michael....ugh....

36) Who was the best person you met?
My friend Elsa. She was the first person I met here after we moved. She befriended me whether I wanted a friend or not, and I've loved her ever since. She's awesome. And Miss Evelyn, Joey's babysitter, and her husband Felton. They are angels.

37) Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2007?
Love. Always love. People will be people - but just love.

38) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm going to have to think about this.....

2 comments:

Maria said...

The best friends are the ones who just sort of happen...and then know how to stick. So glad you seem to have a couple of those in your life...

Anonymous said...

Kate! call me when you get a chance...i didn't know about michael. Amanda 731-426-5315