Thursday, January 24, 2008

Days like these

Ever have those days where you feel like you have cobwebs crowding your brain? I'm having one of those days. Nothing in particular has happened to make me curse the cobwebs, but I just haven't been able to "get out of bed" today, in a sense. I'm fully dressed, make up on, hair pulled up, teeth brushed, fed, shoes on, already went to the post office and Joey's already on his 2nd nap of the day - but my head is still in a fog, and I have a dull headache.

I didn't have any coffee this morning. I just didn't have a taste for it. I'm out of chai and my little town grocery store has pulled it off their shelves (despite the fact that I was buying them out every week...Hell, they have grape leaves that don't sell here, but they pull the chai.).

Our state in the south is cold. Its impossible, I know. Not as cold as Iowa is - as those were the to-the-bone cold days - but it is cold here. I've grown used to the mild winters, and this one's getting me. Its less than freezing, which is not bad, but I just don't enjoy being cold.

I've been working on my business A LOT lately. I will be able to "open" in a few months with my services. I'm teaching myself a trade, and I'm having to squeeze in the tutorials in between Joey naps. I'm really enjoying it. I need to come up with a name for my business. More on this later.....

Joe and I started back on an exercise regiment. I'm not focused yet on it. Its hard when I can't get outside. I don't like exercising inside. But I'm stuck. The elliptical machine just doesn't seem to do it for me. I feel soreness, and I think its working, but mentally I'm just in a box. Warm weather and longer daylight hours are on the way.

In the meantime, I'm reading "Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Its pretty good. It gets me thinking. So far, I'm on Chapter 6. Thirty-four more chapters to go. They are short little chapters that are more like daily devotionals. I like it, I think. I just have to dive deeper into the words to find how it applies. I've already addressed a lot of the topics already in my own heart, but its asking me to reopen these thoughts and re-evaluate my path. Thats good, because up until a few weeks ago, I was feeling pretty frustrated and boxed in. I'm doing better these days, especially now that I'm able to dive into something that expands my purpose. We'll see....

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds as if you have the January blues. I get them every year. And...if I don't have my two cups of coffee every morning, you might as well not even bother waking me up.

I love chai tea too. Nothing tastes better on a blah day.

Anonymous said...

Be glad you aren't in Iowa while having those blues dear, its rather cold up here.

Though I know it would be a bit warmer if the Azars came to visit a bit more... ;o)