Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm no hypochondriac, but....

I believe that I have what they call "Momnesia." I saw it on the NBC nightly news and thought "Okay....so it IS true, and I'm not crazy, and yes its true - I'm losing my mind - but its ok."

I used to have next to photographic memory. I could pull names, numbers and memories out of my head like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat. Now, I can't even remember what the hell I just did with my coffee cup literally 5 seconds ago.

My "momnesia" is also semi-A.D.D. I start one thing, and I rabbit trail off to something else....and then rabbit trail off from that trail to another, until I come full circle back to the point of origination, and NOT ONE SINGLE DAMN THING GOT DONE.

I also used to be sort of semi-Jason-Bourne-ish where I could walk into a room, scan it within a half second, turn around and tell you that there is are approximately 10 paces to the coffee pot, and 3 more paces to the conference room, a Green Bay Packers magnet on the fridge, a fat man about 57 years old in a green suit behind a yellow desk, a woman about 35 years old with scuffed brown high heels and a creme colored polka dotted dress is half drunk on her way to the back room to probably have a cigarette, and the clock is hung cockeyed, and a little to the left of center of the room, as well as there is water damage to the ceiling in 7 different spots. Now, I can't even remember where I was 10 minutes ago.

I'm tellin' ya.....I'm losing it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you are far from losing it and far from being the only mom who can be forgetful. :)

I've forgotten the strangest things. Once I forgot to buckle my daughter's carseat. I put her in it but I didn't fasten the buckle.
Go figure.
A few years ago, I went to the airport to board a plane and as I was waiting in the baggage check line I realized I'd forgotten my driver's license. It all worked out okay but how does someone forget their license when they are flying? That's like forgetting to put your pants on before you go outside.

Maria said...

We are just so damn busy. I once ran my bathtub, and got in. Once in, I thought to myself, "Something doesn't feel quite right." It took me a few moments to realize that I was completely naked except for my bra.

Daniel said...

Well, sis, you sound like Mom...non? I'm having the same problem though...maybe I have "Man-nesia".