Friday, May 23, 2008

Pencil Works by Joyce

*Sweat beads rolling down my face*

I've officially completed my first web design. It was finished a few weeks ago, but I hadn't officially spread the word until I had some more kinks worked out, and some blanks filled in. Now that those things are done, I can start passing the link around.

I'M STILL LEARNING.... and have a long way to go ... but I'm truly enjoying this extra-curricular activity, well ... soon-to-be business, or second household income (THANK YOU economy for making it hard to buy food and TP these days!!!!).

Check it out (but don't be too harsh on my inexperienced ass): Pencil Works by Joyce

It is still very amateurish, but that will come with experience. Let me know what you think. No use of templates... just completely built from blank documents - from the ground, up.

By the way, that's my mama's art site. I can only hope that I could do her incredible work justice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did that whole thing?
It's great. It looks professional.

Maria said...

Nicely done!

Beth said...

Nice! I love the splash page (is that the right term?). The first page with the simple black background and nice pencil drawing...it looks great!

Is this something you're looking to do for work?

Beth said...

By the way - your comments are HILARIOUS. :)

I'm Kate... said...

THank you thank you! I'm having so much fun with it. Now that I've decided that I will make this into a "job" I'm starting to get nervous. Why? Because now I actually have to do well at it - and not every client is my mom. ha! I'm doing some 'pro bono' work here and there just to build a portfolio and try out my new experimentations. I've even put together my new business cards (now I'm REALLY jumping in head-first now that I have "business cards") and they should be done in about a week or so.

I am diggin' it because I can finally be creative AND business at the same time - something I wasn't able to do much in my previous job that was more all about the business so that my clients could be creative. This is a good change.

And Kate - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. You crack my ass up. I totally get your humor, and you and I seem to have the same mind about life in general. Your expression through writing is fantastic, by the way. Very fluent, you tell it like it is, and - well, just damn funny. :) I love it! Thanks for coming by! I'll be back to see about your adventures very often. :)