Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Son of a .... gun buying ebayer?

I can't believe it. Not that this is really something to complain about....

I've finally found a fragrance that I adore, but, at retail, it's $130. That's a little steep for my wallet these days so .... I found it on ebay, and started a bidding war.

Up until about 3 minutes ago, I was winning nicely. I was about to be the winner of some Prada Infusion D'Iris for $47 when I get this email ONE MINUTE AGO that said "Sorry, you didn't win."

While the war was on, I was receiving emails regularly about how I was being outbid, etc., and I finally went to the lead. Somehow, that final email that told me I was being outbid didn't arrive. So i lost.

When I lost, I thought "Damn...... Oh well, I guess she needed it worse than I."

My curiosity led me to see who the winner was. The past review of items bought and sold were composed of manual-loading guns, a E-6 series passenger van, and a package of Hanes boxer briefs.

Now he can add women's perfume to his list.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love that you went to see what he bought! That is so something I would have done! I know how it feels too. I went looking for a new perfume this weekend... it's like losing your identity.

Beth said...

Something tells me he had to get something for his wife when she saw what he was wasting all their vacation bucks on!!

Anonymous said...

You'd better watch it girl. He bought those boxers because he shit his pants when he saw you were outbidding him. He bought the van to drive by your house and the gun to pop a cap in yo' ass if you had won the perfume. lol - that's hysterical.

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

Sis, it sounds like you got sniped by a real sniper. I guess you got off lucky with being outbid in the final 30 seconds.

The Good, the Bad, and the Outbid.