Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gratzie, Gratze, Belllllllla!


Mmm! I just heard about the Memphis Italian Fest going on right now thru Saturday.

I've been doing some daydreaming lately - ok, honesty- everyday I daydream. I've been yearning to travel in a BAD way. Not just to Florida or some place in the US. No, I'm talking overseas. I feel Spain and/or Italy calling me. I just need to go to the places I adore. My little village here is just not doing it for me these days.

But ... (sigh) ... travel is probably not in my cards for a while. We are going to buy a house soon, and maybe #2 on the way in the next year (this is not an announcement....I promise!!), and ... well, just lots of other life things. When I was single, as my family knows (and was sitting on nerves about) I was picking up and going to foreign lands on whims. I feel blessed that I was able to do so then - but my appetite for such travel was just beginning to be fulfilled - and then (NOT REGRETFULLY) I decided to get married, and pop out Joey. AGAIN - NO REGRETS!!! But I do long to travel. Hopefully, we'll have a chance to travel as a family in the near future - but for now, its MEMPHIS ITALIAN FEST, watching "The Godfather" a few more times, and taking chances to make my own sangria. I wonder if Memphis offers flamenco lessons??

1 comments:

Maria said...

We are staying put this summer too. Bing travels to Texas next month, but we've decided that it is just too pricey for Liv and I to go too...so we will wait until October when Bing has a seminar in Montana and go with her then...

For now, it may be a long summer, but...we'll travel to my old homeplace in Iowa and visit my sisters. That will have to do this year.