Friday, May 16, 2008

Snip-Snip

I cut Joey's hair the other day. WHOA, my heart was beating fast. I've never cut hair before (besides a little snip snip on my own hair where the beautician had missed a few after coming home from a trip to the salon), and he had never had his hair cut before. Talk about PRESSURE.

His beautiful little curls were starting to look a little feminine, so I decided that I wasn't going to be one of those moms that let his hair grown 1/2 way down his back, and have to answer the question "ahhhh so cute! Boy or girl?" every time we visit the grocery store.

Joe and I battled over who essentially should cut his hair. I wanted to take him to the lady that just cut off my hair (14 inches!!!!!), but he was adamantly opposed to someone else putting scissors near his eyes. I don't blame him, but I assured JOe that they had (a) experience cutting hair, (b) experience cutting KIDS hair, and (c) it would probably be much better than ME putting scissors anywhere near his face.

Joe went out of town at the beginning of this week, and I decided to get brave.

I did it. My heart about beat its way out of my chest. I think I did alright. :)

Here it was before the cut....
And here it is after the cut. (Sorry for the bad picture.... I can't really keep him in one place for a good shot any more. Seems like I just get the back of his head these days as he's bolting away.)


0 comments: