Friday, June 06, 2008

Blessing with Butterflies

I know this is sounds strange, but this is the second time this happened in my life.

See this butterfly? I know its hard to see the detail and the beauty, but it's hard to find a rare and beautiful butterfly like this. Tuesday, we bought a home and Wednesday night, before we left the home (we're having to do clean-up before moving in), we spotted this butterfly in the garage, fluttering around.

The last time I saw a bizarre butterfly was on my wedding day. It was petite with two solid pink wings and two solid yellow wings. I remember thinking how significant it was to see such a rare creation on such a sacred, special day.

when we spotted this butterfly Wednesday night, I had the same feeling. See, the home we just purchased is nothing less than our dream home. If we stay in this town (er, villiage) we will most likely never, ever move. And just the blessing of this home is a significant moment in our lives, just like our wedding day. Its like the beginning of yet another chapter in this crazy life. And it begins with another beautiful butterfly.

4 comments:

I'm Kate... said...

Thank you so much Ang!!! I can't tell you how much your words mean to me. Love you so much!

Kates

Beth said...

A luna moth! Very special indeed.

They only live about 7 days, I think, and you have to be very lucky to find one. Having grown up in the country, I think I have only seen two.

Some people may have more luck with that than others. And, it seems you are one of them :)

Absolutely a good sign.

Beth said...

PS: Referring to your wedding day as "sacred and special", well, that gives me hope :)

Maria said...

Sounds totally cosmic to me....