Thursday, December 04, 2008

For Christmas: Zimbabwe, Somalia.... the World.

The people of Zimbabwe are in dire need of prayer. I don't know if there is really anything that we can DO besides pray for these people. The cholera outbreak there is threatening to wipe out the people, and the bank issues are just..... unreal. These people need help. Read more here.

Rarely do I listen/watch our own country's news casts. Sometimes, but rarely. Most of the time when I'm in my car especially, I listen to the BBC. This is where real world events are reported, whereas in the US, I'm tired of hearing how damn spoiled we are. I mean, stories about how a man was trampled to death by the Christmas shopping rush when opening the doors to a Wal-Mart - THAT'S TERRIBLY EMBARRASSING, and I'm ashamed of the lack of concern of our country's people. This, among many OTHER embarrassing moments like this, should never EVER happen.

But turn around this Christmas season and donate to the cause of the almost-in-complete-famine country of Somalia.

Here's a good one: donate some money in the name of your friends and family (in lieu of a Christmas gift - like a Nintendo Wii, for instance) to the Blood:Water Mission. At least you'll be helping sustain the lives within a whole COMMUNITY. I promise - you'll feel great, and the person that was supposed to get that elaborate fruit cake will be thanking YOU!

0 comments: