Thursday, December 18, 2008

Today's rant about 3 completely separate things.

Three things today:

1 - The United States Post Office needs a drive through service at every one of their locations. EVERY LAST ONE.

2 - I'm OVER - repeating.... OVER - people calling and harassing me. First of all, the national DO NOT CALL list is a bunch of bunk. Second of all, I am NOT [insert name here of man who used to live in this house who has NEVER had this phone number], and I'm sorry if you can't find him or his family, and I'm not the one responsible for cleaning up his credit, or paying his bills. STOP CALLING ME. ((Anyone know who to call to get annoying creditors from threatening ME?? I am NOT HIM, and I am NOT HIS WIFE. My hands are so tied, and I can't call police about this...who do I call??)

3 - On a lighter note, Hershey's has come out with a line of Candy Cane Kisses. Mmmmmm. Its the best I've had next to anything with peanut butter.

Happy Thursday! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling well!
I know it's harder to be pregnant the second time because you have a little one to keep up with now.

I'm writing in reference to number four where you wrote that you don't know your purpose in life. I know exactly how you feel right now and it took me a few years to figure things out.
Right now, your purpose is to care for and raise your kids. Well, not just you, your husband too, but you know what I mean.

I understand feeling antsy and sometimes I felt that life was passing by me. I had to learn to enjoy right now.
You won't believe how fast kids grow up. The days are sometimes long but the years go fast.

Hopefully, this is helpful to you.
Merry Christmas!

I'm Kate... said...

Hi there! Thank you for your comment. It is just so easy to get anxious with the passing minutes that seem like days. And its easy to hyperventilate when there is so much to get done. I try to take every day one day at a time and breathe. Its a constant battle! :) I won't take for granted the time I have with my kiddos though. Its so sweet, and full of blessing that I have this chance.

Many thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Maria said...

My partner always deals with telemarketers by saying "just a minute" and setting the phone down and letting it sit for several minutes. When we pick it up, they have always hung up.

Maybe you could try that?!

I'm Kate... said...

Maria, we solved the problem - I hope. Although it would be VERY FUN to do what Bing does (I even thought about putting my 2 year old on the phone with them....!!), we just changed our number and made it a private listing. If anyone calls us now, it will be up to about 4 people who gave out our number, and I promise those folks won't. So hopefully we have a winner!