Monday, July 16, 2007

Can I offer you a love thumb?

Joey's favorite thing these days while cuddling is to offer you his favorite thing - his thumb. He hasn't offered it to me yet... just Joe. Maybe he just offers his flavored treasured thumb to his bestest buddies. (I must have cooties already so I'm not his bestest buddy.) Joe said that he'll cuddle in close to you, giggle with you and make little gurgles, and play with your face, and then the next thing, he pokes a slimy thumb toward your mouth, and you have to take it, or else you aren't buddies.

How can you resist a slimy little thumb from a face like this????



We're doing pretty good these days. I'm still having my moments. (Thank you to you two "anonymous" commentators... Your words of encouragement help keep my train of thoughts on the rail.) I'm still trying to understand it all, and I will. Every day brings something new, and I'm sure the puzzle will make sense after a while...maybe. And if not, that's ok.

Joey's tough, these days. He's learning to communicate in a new way. He's a strong little booger. He hates when I try to change his diaper, and he understands that crying will bring about response. Up until now, all the material I've read is that you can't spoil a child of this age yet. Well, I think we've hit that breaking point. Time to STOP spoiling him. We are not going to be letting him fall asleep at night in our bed (and transfer him to his own after he's completely out of it.) He's now able to expect that, and make his own bed transition an issue. He's still pretty good about going to sleep in his own bed, but sometimes he will toss a little fit if we put him to bed when he doesn't want to go, or else when he'd rather cuddle with us before falling asleep. We've got to set the precedent, and we are doing so, and its working.

He's also communicating on what foods he does and does not like. Unfortunately, to my mommy dismay, he doesn't like veges (just like his great granny!) but he loves fruit. I was afraid that fruit was too "sugary" for his little body, but I've found a DHA Gerber food that has combos of fruits, like apple bananas with oats, and pears wildberries with granola, etc. Its PERFECT!!! I tried some "Beef Stew" stuff and he hated it. (I should have known he would hate it when I opened the package and gagged myself.) That stuff is NASTY.

Anyway, he just woke up from his nap (another thing we are instating into his little day). I supposed I should go get him. ...he's been taking naps, but off and on. Now, I'm mandating a mid morning nap and a early to mid afternoon nap - that way he can be in bed by 9pm.

He's a good little booger. Want a thumb?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such an adorable little man. You are so blessed. I can remember when my own children were that age. What a fun time.