Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Grampa

A few of you wrote to ask me what was drawing me back home after I had already been there for a week.

Well, frankly, its my grandfather. Last week they discovered a large mass on his lung, and today they discovered that that mass is indeed cancer.

At this point, we don't know a whole bunch yet. We are still hopeful, as they announced that radiation is an option to shrink it. But first they have to do another procedure to make sure he does not have cancer in any other parts of his body.

Please pray. Cancer is such an ugly demon. There's a reason for everything in this life, and weaker people have survived such. I know my grandfather can pull through it. He's so sweet. He doesn't feel as though anything really has him down. He's a strong fighter. One of the toughest men I know. A true "man's man." We have hope that he can overcome, and he will if the Lord has that in the Plan.

Thank you for your prayers. Updates to come. I'm sorry that I haven't blogged about our trip yet. I will, I promise.

Love Kate

3 comments:

Ray Kay Jay said...

You have plenty of time to post, so spend your energy on your Grandpa instead... I never knew mine they both died long before I was born.

You and your family are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate, I am so very sorry. I am going to be much in prayer and will be adding him to our prayer chain at church. I will also be asking my friends to be in prayer.

Be strong and know that God is in complete control. You know where I am if you need anything at all.

God Bless

Anonymous said...

How is your Grampa? You and the family holding up okay?