Monday, November 12, 2007

No Chance

Have you ever been so overwhelmed that you'd rather sit down and cry?

That's how I'm feeling today. To many little bitty stupid things to do, cluttering my big things to do. I have dreams. I have ambitions. I can get those things done if I didn't have to spend 3 hours on the phone with Hewlett Packard because the 3rd All-In-One printer/copier/fax machine is proving itself to be the 3rd piece of crap they've sent me to replace the original. (I spend the first hour on the phone with India, the PC department - after I've selected the MAC dept - trying to explain to the dummy that he can't help me and to transfer me IMMEDIATELY to MAC, where they speak perfect English.).

And I could be free if I didn't have to straighten out mis-charged bills.

And I could be without stress if AT&T didn't send me 5 bills a month instead of one, like it is SUPPOSED TO, and not overlap the charges.

And I could study my ambitions if Quicken would work right, and download my finances properly from my online banking.

.... if I didn't have so many things cluttering my house that I can't put away yet because THOSE THINGS represent things that I still have yet to finish.

...if I didn't have to do dishes. (I know I have to do this...)

.... if I didn't have to clean my house. (I know I have to do this too....most of the time I don't mind.)

I can't even enjoy my book.

I'm just ..... ugh. I just want to throw things, sometimes. Just wing 'em across the room. I need a day off - being a full time mom is great - but dammit if I DON'T NEED A DAY OFF TOO.

No chance in hell.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. Loud and clear.
Moms don't usually get days off. :)

I remember I would sometimes grocery shop at night so I could get out without the kids. That was a night out for me. I'd take my time and look at magazines as long as I wanted.

I hope y'all do things as a family
on weekends (like a day trip).
It doesn't have to be anything big.
This will give you something different to look forward to and help you "get through" your week.

Well, I hope tomorrow is better.


Suzanne