Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I've been away for a while......


I can't take it..... I'm simply in love. This little boy steals my heart every moment of every day. I kept waking up with horrible dreams of him getting hurt, and every dream had something to do with him getting something stuck in his eye. HORRRRRRIBLE dreams.

I don't sleep well these days, but I think its because we're PREGO!!!!! We are going to have another baby in April, and we are pumped. I wish I could sleep better, but that comes with the territory. I havent' slept well since I was pregnant with Joey, and I think that's just part of being a mom. You spend your wakened nights praying for protection over your children and your whole family, as at 2am, you simply have no control over the uncontrollable, or the unpredictable.

Anyway, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated the blog in a while. As many of you know, we bought a house back in June, and its really kept us pretty busy. Plus, I've been working really hard on my website building business. In addition to my mom's site (www.pencilworksbyjoyce.com), I recently built another site for a friend of mine who has put together an AMAZING cause for women who live and deal with breast assymetry. That site is called "Its Okay To Stuff Your Bra." I'm excited for her cause, and I was honored to be apart of the process. I really think it will reach a lot of women, young and old, who have spent their lives hating their breasts and in turn, loathing their bodies and struggling to feel like women.

I have several other clients lined up that I'm working with right now. I'm still learning my skills, but I build to the best of my abilities. I will keep you all updated as I build my sites.

Joe's been doing great as his business. He's turning the place upside down. I'm so proud of him.

We have a trip planned to go see my folks this weekend. They haven't seen Joey in a long time, and they are pining for him. Who wouldn't?!?! :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

OMG - he's so beautiful and SO big. Thank you AGAIN! And I love you!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'm Kate... said...

Thank you Love! He's sooo much fun!!!! A little stinker for sure. And thank YOU for the opportunity! I'm excited about how it all came together with the WordPress! PERFECT!!!! Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

I read about your sleep problem and
I'll give you some information that may be helpful. I don't know if it's relevant but I hope it helps.

There are these books called Preparation for Parenting and it's from Growing Families International. gfi.org
One of them is about babies and there's another one dealing with toddlers.
The "baby book" helps you restore some order to your life after the birth of your baby by putting your baby on a schedule. The "toddler book" deals with discipline issues, making the transition from their crib to a bed, etc.

I doubt you'll agree with everything they write (we certainly didn't) but the books were a tremendous blessing to us.

Sue said...

Karla and I would like to congratulate Joe and Katie on the expectancy of Joey's first brother or sister. You have our prayers for a happy and healthy baby. Boy is Joey cute and he has gotten really big.
Love,
Sue D. and Karla H.

I'm Kate... said...

Hi Friend, thank you for the book suggestions! I'll check into them!

Hi Sue and Karla, HI!!!! Thank you for the well wishes. Its hard to believe that we're on #2. The little man is growing TOO FAST! I miss you guys. I hope you all are doing so well!!!! love you guys.